- From April 2016 until June 2019. European Commission, Head of Unit H3 “Aviation”. The Unit was defining and implementing aviation research at EU and international level and implements the Commission policy on aeronautical research through the management of the aeronautics part in the H2020 Framework Programme (as well as the continuing FPs 7 and 6). It supervised the Joint Technology Initiative in aeronautics (Clean Sky 2).
- From November 2008 to March 2016: European Commission, Research Executive Agency, Head of Unit C3 “Participant Validation and Support”.
- From December 2003 to October 2008: European Commission, DG Transport and Energy, responsible for the coordination of research activities in the domains of Transport and Energy.
- From July 2003 to November 2003: Seconded to the Italian Ministry University and Research (MIUR) during the Italian Presidency of the European Union.
- From October 2000 to June 2003: European Commission, DG Research, SMEs unit.
- From January 2000 to October 2000: European Parliament. Policy Adviser, Regional and foreign affairs files
- From November 1995 to December 1999: Member of Mrs Emma Bonino’s Cabinet, European Commissioner, European Commission, Brussels. Principal functions: Responsible for the files of the Fisheries Directorate, financial business for the Humanitarian Office of the European Commission (ECHO), financial business and administration of Directorate-General Health and Consumer Protection. Other functions: Responsible for the files concerning the other European Commission policies, such as Cohesion and Structural Funds, social policy and employment, budget, financial control and fraud prevention, relations with the European Court of Auditors, the ECSC and Statistical Office.
- From October 1993 to October 1995: European Commission, Directorate-General V – European Social Fund, “Italy, Spain, Ireland” unit.
UNIVERSITY TRAINING AND POSTGRADUATE COURSES
- Political sciences, (mention T.B.), major in international politics in Torino – Italy University (thesis on American history and politics).
- ENA (Ecole Nationale d’Administration), Paris. Grant from the diplomatic institute in Rome (1991).
- Private law and economy of the European Communities, Torino University. Grant from the Fondation Jean Monnet (1990), Torino.